Thursday 26 July 2007

Harry Potter: Momentous Magic Moments


I am a Harry Potter film fan. I'm old enough to know better, but my inner child enjoys the company of my adult as we watch the special effects with the correct amount of awe and trepidation. We know that Harry is going to come through unscathed because there are three years of filming to go yet, they aren't going to kill him off, and if they do it won't be until the last film. And so cushioned by that fact, we are free to enjoy the thrills, spills and quirky characters.

After the film I analyse the contents. You may think that this is a negative exercise, but it is what I do, it doesn't spoil my enjoyment, and it gives my brain a tough work out.

At the time of writing this article, and influenced by the events of my past week, I have changed my mind about the state of childhood.

Watching Harry fighting evil with the help of the major magicians gathered around him caused me to feel some sorrow that so many children would be influenced by the idea that to survive in this world, you need magic.

My adult self knows full well that I have managed to reach this age without the aid of a broomstick and magic wand, but I also know that I didn't come through unharmed, and listening to my younger clients last week, they haven't come through unharmed either. They need some magic.

There was a smattering of abuse of every kind pouring from the hearts of these precious young people. Whether physical or verbal, abuse causes emotions that cause shorts in the energy highways of the body. Emotional blockages cause illness, phobias, poor academic performance, relationship and discipline issues, all of which I deal with using EFT Tapping, Affirmation and Mirror Work. How weird is that?

One method to address so many different issues goes against everything that science has taught us to believe. Of course, I do use different words for each specific problem, but then Harry's quite good at that, I manipulate the way of energy, well so does Harry, and continue tapping using more well chosen words as a reminder to concentrate on the problem, and I can hear you saying, "so does Harry." And as for repeating an Affirmation and using the mirror to re-program a troubled mind, that seems familiar too.

The result is, illness gone, phobias forgotten, poor academic performance but a bad memory, and greatly enhanced relations with parents, siblings, the world and the self. What is left is a confident child who knows their worth in the world, who knows the meaning of, "I am special because I am me."

Now I am thinking that Harry is right. To put right the wrongs of the world a little bit of magic used in conjunction with some special words comes in very handy when it looks as if Voldemart is coming to get you.

Now that's what I call magic!

To learn the magical art of tapping, affirmations and mirror work visit: http://www.wisehealer.co.uk

0 comments: