Thursday 14 June 2007

Paul Potts- Good Vibrations

Lying on my bed, weary from pounding the streets of London and flicking through the television programmes I stumbled on a talent show. I normally give these things a wide berth, but something about this stocky young man in a crumpled suit with a too short haircut made me pause, and I'm happy that I did. When he opened his mouth to sing, his face changed, he became beautiful, he shone, and I became transfixed.

Nessun Dorma has longed ceased to be one of my favourite operatic pieces, ever since it was done to death by football and constant exposure, but I was surprised to find tears rolling down my face. It wasn't the words, I don't speak Italian anyway, it was the soul of this Welsh man soaring into the realms of spirituality, we were blessed by the glimpse of a higher being, and I can't wait to hear him again because I want to experience the same feelings, and join with the vibration that raises my own vibration, I want to entrain with this man's soul. He probably doesn't know it but he has healing in his voice, and as such is very rare indeed.

Paul Potts has been challenged by illness and pulled through when many have laid down and died, and I admire him for that, but I suspect his enthusiasm for life was fuelled by the belief that he could bring pleasure to millions. That belief in the purpose of his life, that so many of us struggle to find, has proven to be his salvation, and perhaps ours if we are able to learn from his example.

We each have an inbuilt talent, many people have more than one, and many of us don't bother to use them because we don't believe in the healing properties of those talents. Talents allow us to create our own lives as we would choose to live them, we no longer live by reacting to the expectations of others, and because of this we vibrate on much higher frequencies.
Talent brings freedom!

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Isabel said...

inspirational post...
i have to agree with you...=)

Nomarless said...

Very true words. Talent does a lot for us.