Monday 14 May 2007

Getting Yourself Listed at BlogCatalog


Listen to Intuition

Every so often there is a choice to be made and you follow your intuition, and in this case, I'm glad I did.

New to Blogging

I am very new to blogging, and still finding my way around, but I wanted to publicise my web site, because my mission is to turn the world on to EFT or Emotional Freedom Techniques, where everyone can help themselves with anything from a relationship problem to the common cold.
Getting People to Read

I knew that publishing my own web site was a good idea, but then how to get people to read it? This was not going to be so easy.
SEO Know How
Many of my colleagues have web sites that are unlisted in Google because they don't realise that search engine optimisation is important, and so they don't create the links that create the ranking, obviously they aren't getting traffic from people who are just interested in a subject, and I wanted that traffic.

BlogCatalog a Good Start

I looked around for ways to make my blog more interesting and came across several blog listing sites, and without thinking about it (intuition?) I joined them, and they all have good points, but BlogCatalog has surpassed them all.
Favourable Comment

The first time that someone read my blog and actually left a favourable comment was so exciting, it was like I'd made it. My common sense tells me that there is still so much to do, but that first reading was a high point.

I have saved all the messages that I have received about this exercise in linking from BlogCatalog, and intend to visit every site, and perhaps leave a comment if I know anything about the subject, or even if I don't!!

1 comments:

Nomarless said...

I did not want to advertise much, as my first blog listed reflects (July 2005) but I think you hit a good place to list...