Thursday 17 May 2007

Look Before You Leap

A few days ago a dear friend 'phoned to tell me that their boundary dispute with a multi-national building firm had resulted in them having to pay out some thousands of pounds in court fees. What a shock for them, and of course the question is why? They aren't financially strained, but they aren't rich, and the tone of the letter from the building firm was positively gloating. They are well aware that my friend and her husband don't have access to high powered lawyers, as they do, they are also aware that should my friend fight and lose then they might be in an even worse mess. A nasty situation to be in, and naturally the man of the house is very angry, wants to fight but knows that he can't, he has engineered himself into a situation of powerlessness, and now has bronchitis. The bronchitis is easily understood, he is so angry that he can't breath. He is being stifled by his anger. We know very well that this building firm is to blame, and wants them to go away and think about their actions and to come back in a more conciliatory frame of mind. He knows that they aren't going to do that, so the only thing left to do is send them hateful thoughts, then something nasty might happen to them, and that would serve them right. However, the laws of the Universe don't work like that. Sending out hateful thoughts is like drinking a cup of poison and expecting the other person to drop dead. Somehow, my friend's husband has to 'forgive' these monsters of commerce, send them love and kind thoughts. You might rightly say..."In your dreams", there's no way that is going to happen. And it won't, and he'll continue to be ill, and his work will suffer, and then the family will suffer, but it won't be his fault because this filthy firm did the dirty on him, and now look what's happened. It never rains but that it pours.

Let's look at the reasons why this has happened to them. Either he, my friend or both of them together believed that this firm would play dirty with them. They watched houses being built that would encroach on their view and took a chunk of their garden too. They new that this building was going to take place when they bought the house and signed the contract, therefore their solicitor must have conspired with their thinking when he made a hash of the boundary contract, their vibration drew a fellow believer to them. Birds of a feather flock together.Before undertaking any business, check to find out how you are vibrating, what your thoughts are, and what words you are talking to yourself. Make sure that you have cleared all past writing on your walls that tells you, "All big companies are out to get you." If you're not sure tap on that statement and then Affirm that "All business people are on my side, all is well in my world." Do this before any signing takes place, because if you don't you will find yourself in the same situation as my friend, and what they need to do now sticks in all their throats.

In a mood of quiet contemplation, starting with the Karate Chop point make an 'even though I hate these people for what they've done to me' statement, and do a few rounds of tapping on that. Then move to a place where you are willing to forgive them all for what they have done, and of course you need to forgive yourself, because you 'should have known'. I know that my friend will do this because she knows that forgiving yourself and forgiving everyone is a key to a brighter future. Whether her husband will see the need to do this remains to be seen, and of course his illness will continue to lower his vibrations even further. I await future developments with trepidation.

1 comments:

Nomarless said...

Hi Carol and Rich,

This post reminds me of how I got into my long term dilemma.

I responded badly to a email sent to me that really shocked me. (It criticized my manhood, flaunted their superiority and threaten me.)

At first I was pathetic and depressed in my response (hiding my real anger), but that garnered no response. I then actually apologized shortly thereafter to the party, even though it was not my fault!!!

When they responded "legally" that set me off. I flew into a tirade and expressed it via email in the worst imagineable language. No threats...but just really insensitive and hateful words...

It came back to haunt me with guilt, weight gain, headaches and ultimately emotional breakdown.

I still feel some of that today.


Anyways, a very good post. I hope your friend(s) do as you suggest.