Tuesday 1 May 2007

Silent Nights and Sweet Dreams.

There were times when I wanted to be in another house the noise was so bad. Rather like a persistent road drill, only there was no getting away from it, this is life with a snorer. Fortunately I could stay in bed after Richard had gone to work, and so I never got to the sleep deprivation stage, as I know many people do, and because of this our relationship didn't suffer, as I know many people's does. I don't think that Richard ever believed me that the noise was so bad until I recorded it on my little hand held tape recorder, he was astounded and desperate to find a way to stop. He was waking up tired , which we found out later was due to sleep apnea, that much talked about phenomena when a person stops breathing and wakes up in order to start again. It certainly hadn't anything to do with weight gain as Richard is one of those people that literally eats anything and never gains weight. We know his secret now, but we didn't know then, and it used to make me quite angry, as I only had to look at a cake and it went to my hips.( I'll write about the weight secret another time)

I knew from my Louise Hay training that snoring was a symptom of hanging on to the past, and so we started with some EFT tapping sequences and Affirmations that gave us many serene nights and wonderful feelings that we knew how to cure snoring, until the night when the road drill made its come back, we were both shocked. I demanded that he tap whilst half asleep, which bless him, he duly did, and the snoring stopped...for a good hour and a half. I couldn't wake him again as he needed to go to work the next day, and so I lay there and allowed my higher self to teach me about energy healing. That was the night that I learned that 'tapping' can take many forms, and I needed to do it again last night.

We have found that unless the underlying causes are tapped on the annoying symptom may return, and it will return, if for some reason there is a longing to return to the past by the snorer. Tapping needs to be done instantly, as soon as any emotion is realised, and this can be quite difficult while leading a busy life, and very often gets forgotten, because you can't do it in public, so you don't do it at all. So now I tap without tapping. As I am used to 'running energy', as all those people who practice Reiki or Quantum Touch are, then energy is aimed with intent at the tapping points. There isn't a right way to do this, you might choose to see a ball of light, a beam of light, or imagine tapping on the other person or on yourself, It is the intent that works it's magic. I choose to tap as the other person, which is called surrogate tapping, I have learned and practiced this technique with many clients now and it is second nature, but I know beginners have achieved wonderful things, so don't suffer the torture of sleepless nights, learn to tap without tapping and look forward to silent nights and sweet dreams.

0 comments: